Monday, August 18, 2008

Surrounded by Inspiration

A friend of mine once told me: "You need to surround yourself with whatever inspires you". So here part of that. It's a 1975 K Yairi YW600. And I must say it's an amazing piece of inspiration. Tone like you wouldn't believe. In the US Alvarez models it's called the Avarez Yairi DY85 but this piece of art came to my home straight from Hiroshima Japan. It's not an Alvarez, but it was made by Kazuo Yairi who makes their handmade guitars.

I've put new Grover Tuners on it. Sweet!
I've put and LR Baggs Element Active system in it for pick-ups Amazing!
& Put a strap button on it. So this old piece of wood could take it's first trip to the Stage.

The rest of my Guitars are a 1996 Taylor 915, a 2005 Taylor T5, & a 2003 Fender Telecaster.

Good times
Dean

1 comment:

Brad Bodin said...

I didn't know you were fluent in the japanese. I hope everyone at PC can understand the foreigner.